What is Monetary Gold? A legit precious metals dealer or scam? In this comprehensive Monetary Gold review, learn about their products, services, ratings, complaints and all you need to know about them.
Would you like to read about our #1 rated Gold IRA Company instead? Click Here
Table of Contents
- 1 What Is Monetary Gold?
- 2 Monetary Gold Review Summary
- 3 Location:
- 4 Address:
- 5 Year Founded:
- 6 Management:
- 7 Website:
- 8 Rating:
- 9 Monetary Gold Products & Services
- 10 Gold
- 11 Silver
- 12 Platinum
- 13 Palladium
- 14 How to Buy from Monetary Gold
- 15 How to Open a Precious Metals IRA with Monetary Gold
- 16 Fill Out the Application Form
- 17 Transfer Funds
- 18 Purchase Metals
- 19 Monetary Gold Costs & Fees
- 20 Pros of Monetary Gold
- 21 Cons of Monetary Gold
- 22 Monetary Gold Complaints & Reviews
- 23 Is Monetary Gold Legit?
- 24 Monetary Gold FAQ
- 25 Can Monetary Gold help me choose an IRA custodian?
- 26 Does Monetary Gold offer segregated storage?
- 27 Can I manage my account online?
- 28 Monetary Gold Alternatives
- 29 Monetary Gold Reviews- Summary
What Is Monetary Gold?
Monetary Gold is a precious metals company located in Woodland Hills, California. Founded in 2000, the company strives to offer its clients high quality precious metals at low costs. Unlike most precious metals companies who operate as middlemen, Monetary Gold sources their products directly from suppliers, hence passing on the discount to their clients. In addition to offering quality gold and silver, Monetary Gold also helps its clients to set up precious metals IRAs.
Monetary Gold Review Summary
Woodland Hills, California
21800 Oxnard St #1120
Woodland Hills, CA 91367-7937
Monetary Gold Products & Services
Monetary Gold is a dealer of a wide range of precious metals including IRA-approved bullion and rare U.S and foreign coins. Their products include gold, silver, platinum and palladium. Listed below are some of the products offered by Monetary Gold.
- $20 Saint Gaudens
- Gold British Sovereign
- German 20 Marks
- Swiss 20 Franc
- Gold American Eagle
- Gold Canadian Maple Leaf
- American Gold Buffalo
- South African Krugerrands
- Gold Austrian Philharmonic
- Gold Polar Bear & Cub
- Gold Arctic Fox
- Morgan Silver Dollars
- Peace Silver Dollar
- Silver Walking Liberty Half Dollars
- Half Franklin Dollars
- Silver American Eagle
- Silver Gyrfalcon Coin
- Silver Polar Bear Coin
- Silver American Buffalo
- Silver Austrian Philharmonic
- Silver Britannia
- Silver Canadian Maple Leaf
- Platinum American Eagle
- Platinum Canadian Maple Leaf
- Palladium Canadian Maple Leaf
In addition to offering investment metals, Monetary Gold also helps clients to open precious metals IRAs. Currently, they are in partnership with Goldstar Trust Company, Strata Trust Company, Sterling Trust Company, Entrust and New Direction IRA for custodial services, and Delaware Depository for storage. You can learn more about their products and services here.
How to Buy from Monetary Gold
Since Monetary Gold doesn’t have an online ordering system, you must call, email, or chat with their representative to place orders. Upon processing your order, the company will ship metals to your chosen destination.
How to Open a Precious Metals IRA with Monetary Gold
Opening a precious metals IRA with Monetary Gold involves 3 easy steps outlined below.
Fill Out the Application Form
As with most Gold IRA companies, application at Monetary Gold starts with completing an online IRA form. A representative will then get in touch with you to discuss fees, storage and other options, just to make everything clear. Typically it takes up to 72 hours for your account to be activated.
Once your account is set up, you can now roll over or transfer funds into it from your current IRA or 401k.
Upon receipt of funds, a Monetary Gold representative will assist you in choosing IRA-eligible precious metals. The representative will purchase the metals on your behalf and send them to Delaware Depository for storage.
Monetary Gold Costs & Fees
Pros of Monetary Gold
- Sources directly from suppliers hence passing on the savings to clients
- Most of their employees are highly experienced in precious metals investments
- Top-notch customer support
- Wide range of products and services
- Gold and Silver IRAs are offered
- Free educational materials such as investment charts and guides are offered
- They are accredited with the Better Business Bureau since 2014
Cons of Monetary Gold
- There is no information about the company’s owners or management team
- Product pricing is not available on the website
- Lack of reviews on the BBB
Monetary Gold Complaints & Reviews
Monetary Gold boast an A+ rating on the BBB based on 33 reviews and ratings, as well as 1 complaint on the platform. Truspilot awarded Monetary Gold a 3.2 out of 5 stars based on 1 customer review. Additionally, Trustlink gives Monetary Gold 5 out of 5 stars rating based on 10 customer reviews. Most of the Trustlink reviews praise the company’s staff for their high level of knowledge and professionalism. Monetary Gold has no reviews, ratings or complaints on Yelp and the Business Consumer Alliance (BCA).
- BBB: A+ rating, 0 reviews, 1 complaint (view details)
- Trustpilot: [usr 3.2] (view details)
- Trustlink: [usr 5] (view details)
- BCA: A rating, 0 reviews (view details)
- Yelp: N/A
Is Monetary Gold Legit?
Monetary Gold is obviously a legit company since they are BBB accredited, and have been in business for 2 decades. If they were a scam, they wouldn’t have survived this long.
Monetary Gold FAQ
Can Monetary Gold help me choose an IRA custodian?
Yes, Monetary Gold account executives will assist you to choose the best custodian for you investment. Since Monetary Gold partners with 5 custodians, you need to compare their fees and quality of service to arrive at the most ideal custodian.
Does Monetary Gold offer segregated storage?
Yes, segregated and insured storage is offered in partnership with the Delaware Depository.
Can I manage my account online?
Yes, Monetary Gold allows you to access and monitor your account online.
Monetary Gold Alternatives
- Augusta Precious Metals (Recommended for Precious Metal IRAs)
- JM Bullion
- Rosland Capital
- Texas Precious Metals
Monetary Gold Reviews- Summary
Monetary Gold is primarily a coin dealer based in Woodland Hills, California. The company has been in business since 2000 and offers a wide range of IRA-approved and rare coins. They source products directly from suppliers hence passing on the savings to their clients.
On the downside, the company is not transparent about their management team. Also, they’ve not availed product prices on their website.