Are you thinking of safeguarding your retirement savings by investing in gold, silver or other precious metals? Gold Gate Capital might just be the right company for you, but are they legit? Read this review to get the lowdown.
Table of Contents
- 1 What Is Gold Gate Capital?
- 2 Gold Gate Capital Review Summary
- 3 Location:
- 4 Address
- 5 Year Founded:
- 6 Management:
- 7 Website:
- 8 Rating:
- 9 Gold Gate Capital Products & Services
- 10 Gold
- 11 Silver
- 12 How Does It Work?
- 13 Gold Gate Capital Gold IRA
- 14 Gold Gate Capital Custodian & Storage
- 15 Gold Gate Capital Costs & Fees
- 16 Pros of Gold Gate Capital
- 17 Cons of Gold Gate Capital
- 18 Gold Gate Capital Reviews, Ratings & Complaints
- 19 Is Gold Gate Capital Legit or Scam?
- 20 Gold Gate Capital Alternatives
- 21 Gold Gate Capital Management Team
- 22 Gold Gate Capital Contact Information
- 23 Gold Gate Capital Reviews- summary
What Is Gold Gate Capital?
Gold Gate Capital is a gold and silver dealer based in Los Angeles, California. It was founded in 2008, and has since been an awesome platform- providing an easy access to gold and silver products to thousands of customers. Other than selling and buying bullion coins and bars, GGC also helps you to diversify your investment through a precious metals IRA.
Gold Gate Capital Review Summary
Los Angeles California
5250 W Century Blvd #501A
Los Angeles, CA 90045-5942
Chris Seebert (President)
Rating:(4.5 / 5)
Gold Gate Capital Products & Services
Gold Gate Capital inventory mainly comprise IRA-approved gold and silver coins and bars. Currently, the firm does not stock platinum and palladium products. Listed below are some of the company’s available products.
- Austrian Gold Philharmonic
- American Gold Buffalo
- Gold South African Kruggerand
- American Gold Eagle
- Gold Canadian Maple Leaf
- Gold Rose Crown Shield
- 1-oz Gold Bar
- Gold Valcambi Combibar
- 10-oz Gold Bar
- Silver American Eagle
- Austrian Silver Philharmonic
- Silver Canadian Maple Leaf
- Silver Rose Crown Shield
- 1-oz Silver Rounds
- 10-oz Silver Bar
- 100-oz Silver Bar
- Junk Silver
You can learn more about Gold Gate Capital’s products here.
How Does It Work?
Gold Gate Capital does not have an ecommerce platform for online purchases. Thus, if you wish to buy from the company, you must contact them first for pricing information and order placement. When selling to Gold Gate Capital, you must also contact them to have your items appraised.
Gold Gate Capital Gold IRA
GGC provides detailed information about precious metal IRAs, explaining how to go about setting up a Gold IRA, funding it and purchasing the right metals. In a bid to ensure newbies don’t get confused, Gold Gate Capital has published all the IRA-approved coins and bars here.
Gold Gate Capital Custodian & Storage
Gold Gate Capital is not clear about the IRA custodians they work with, but they’ve stated they work with qualified precious metals IRA custodians, citing Equity Trust as an example. As for storage, Gold Gate Capital works with the Delaware Depository and Brink’s Global Service to offer secure vaulting services.
Gold Gate Capital Costs & Fees
Gold Gate Capital does not avail product pricing information on their website. Consequently, you must call them to inquire about pricing.
However, the company provides a detailed breakdown of Precious Metals IRA fees as show on the table below.
Pros of Gold Gate Capital
- The company is run by a number of experts
- Excellent reviews online including on the Better Business Bureau (BBB)
- Accredited with the BBB since 2014
- Top-quality gold and silver products
Cons of Gold Gate Capital
- Product pricing information is not available on the website
- The firm lacks an ecommerce site
- Limited reviews and ratings online
Gold Gate Capital Reviews, Ratings & Complaints
Gold Gate Capital is accredited with the BBB since 2014, and boast a 5 out of 5 stars rating on the platform based on 20 customer reviews and 0 complaints. Similarly, Trustlink gives Gold Gate Capital a 5 out of 5 stars rating based 31 reviews and complaints. GGC is not rated on Yelp, Trustpilot and the BCA.
- BBB: (5 / 5) (view details)
- Trustlink: (5 / 5) (view details)
- Yelp: (0 / 5) (view details)
- Trustpilot: N/A
- BCA: N/A
Is Gold Gate Capital Legit or Scam?
Gold Gate Capital is not a scam. It’s a legit precious metals dealer in business since 2008. Despite being legit, the company has its shortcomings as well. Click here to see our top rated gold and silver IRA providers.
Gold Gate Capital Alternatives
- Augusta Precious Metals (#1 Rated Gold IRA Firm)
- Eastern Numismatics
- First National Bullion
- Perpetual Assets
- Colorado Gold
Gold Gate Capital Management Team
Gold Gate Capital is not clear about its management team. For instance, the BBB lists Chris Seebert as the company’s president, while Zoominfo lists him as the firm’s CEO.
Gold Gate Capital Contact Information
- Phone: 1-800-604-0240
- Address: 5250 W Century Blvd #501A Los Angeles, CA 90045-5942
- Website: goldgatecapital.com/
Gold Gate Capital Reviews- summary
Gold Gate Capital is a gold and silver company based in Los Angeles, CA. They’ve been in business since 2008, offering investment-grade bullion as well as precious metals IRAs. Moreover, the company boasts excellent reviews and ratings on the BBB and Trustlink.
But on the downside, Gold Gate Capital is not transparent on the pricing of their products. They also lack an ecommerce site, hence you can’t order online.