What is Fortress Gold Group? A legit precious metals firm or scam? If you are looking for more information about Fortress Gold Group, you are at the right place. Here, we look at the customer reviews, ratings and complaints to determine whether they are reputable or scam.
Attention: Fortress Gold Group is no longer in business. Below is a screenshot from their website confirming that the business is no more.
If you’d like to learn about our top recommended precious metals company, click here.
Table of Contents
- 1 What Is Fortress Gold Group?
- 2 Fortress Gold Group Review Summary
- 3 Location:
- 4 Address:
- 5 Year Founded:
- 6 Management:
- 7 Website:
- 8 Rating:
- 9 Fortress Gold Group Products
- 10 Gold Products
- 11 Silver Products
- 12 Platinum Products
- 13 How Does It Work?
- 14 Fortress Gold Group IRA Account Set Up
- 15 Fortress Gold Group Custodian & Storage
- 16 Pros of Fortress Gold Group
- 17 Cons of Fortress Gold Group
- 18 Fortress Gold Group Complaints
- 19 Is Fortress Gold Group a Scam?
- 20 Fortress Gold Group Alternatives
- 21 Fortress Gold Group Reviews- summary
What Is Fortress Gold Group?
Fortress Gold Group is a precious metals company based in Sherman Oaks California. They’ve been in business since 1995, and are known to offer a wide range of gold, silver and platinum coins. Also, the company offers gold and silver IRAs as they are “tired” of watching their clients’ hard-earned savings disappear when the stock market crashes.
Fortress Gold Group Review Summary
Sherman Oaks, California
15303 Ventura Blvd #1060
Sherman Oaks, CA 91403-6630
Johannes Haze (Managing Director)
Fortress Gold Group Products
Fortress Gold Group offers a wide array of gold, silver and platinum bullion and collectibles. Additionally, the firm offers precious metals IRAs for those wishing to safeguard their retirement savings with gold or silver. Here are a few examples of available products on Fortress Gold Group’s catalog.
- Gold American Eagles
- Gold Canadian Maple Leafs
- Swiss 20 Franc
- Netherlands 10 Guilder
- French 20 Franc Napoleon
- British Sovereign
- Liberty Eagle
- $1 Indian Dollar
- $20 Saint Gaudens
- Silver Canadian Maple Leafs
- Morgan Silver Dollar
- Peace Silver Dollar
- Walking Liberty Half-Dollar
- Franklin Half-Dollar
- Kennedy Half-Dollar
- Australian Platinum Koalas
- Chinese Platinum Pandas
- Canadian Platinum Maple Leafs
- American Proof Platinum Eagles
How Does It Work?
Fortress Gold Group has a basic online catalog where they display products, but they don’t have an online checkout system. Thus, you must call their precious metals specialists on 1.800.777.6177 to inquire about products, or to place an order.
Fortress Gold Group IRA Account Set Up
Starting your gold or silver IRA with Fortress Gold Group involves 3 simple steps listed below.
- Fill out the online IRA form
- Transfer/rollover funds
- Purchase and store metals
For more on how a gold IRA rollover works, click here.
Fortress Gold Group Custodian & Storage
Unfortunately, Fortress Gold Group is not forthcoming about the IRA custodians they work with. However, storage is offered by Brink’s Global, a firm owning IRS-approved depositories in New York, Los Angeles and Salt Lake City.
Pros of Fortress Gold Group
- Wide selection of gold, silver and platinum products
- Provides client education through blog, Gold IRA Investment Guide, FAQs, and more.
- They’ve been in business for nearly 3 decades
- Precious metals IRAS are offered
Cons of Fortress Gold Group
- Not BBB accredited
- Numerous customer complaints online
- Poor ratings online
- Not transparent on pricing, fees and custodians they partner with
- The fact that they no longer accept new customers and their website has been down for over 2 years confirms our fears that they may have gone under
Fortress Gold Group Complaints
Fortress Gold Group is not accredited with the BBB. Further, the BBB platform awards them a 1 out of 5 stars rating based off of 1 customer review and 1 complaint. However, the BCA gives them an excellent “AAA” rating despite having no reviews, complaints or ratings on the platform.
Trustlink awards Fortress Gold Group a 4.9 out of 5 stars rating based on 23 reviews and complaints, while Trustpilot awards them 1.4 out of 5 stars rating based on 39 reviews and complaints. Yelp lacks reviews, complaints or ratings of Fortress Gold Group.
- BBB: [usr 1] (view details)
- BCA: AAA rating, 0 reviews (view details)
- Trustlink: [usr 4.9] (view details)
- Trustpilot: [usr 1.4] (view details)
- Yelp: No reviews
Is Fortress Gold Group a Scam?
No, Fortress Gold Group is not a scam, it’s a legit company revered for its quality products and services. But it’s worth to mention that the company is no longer in business, as they are currently not accepting new clients. You can learn about our top-rated alternative on this page.
Fortress Gold Group Alternatives
- Augusta Precious Metals (Top Rated Gold IRA Firm)
- Amagi Metals
- Gold Dealer
- London Gold Buyer
- Gold Gate Capital
Fortress Gold Group Reviews- summary
Fortress Gold Group is a gold, silver and platinum dealer based in Sherman Oaks, California. They have been in business since 1995, and offer a wide array of products, as well as precious metals IRA services.
Despite their great services, Fortress Gold Group is not BBB accredited, and has multiple customer complaints online. Moreover, they are not transparent on product pricing and IRA fees.