What is Gold Fortress Group? A genuine precious metals firm or a scam? If you wish to learn more about Fortress Gold Group, you have come to the right site. Here, we examine client reviews, ratings, and complaints to determine whether a business is reputable or a scam.
Attention: Fortress Gold Group is no longer in business. Below is a screenshot from their website confirming that the business is no more. Click here to learn more about our top-recommended precious metals company.
Table of Contents
- 1 What Is Fortress Gold Group?
- 2 Fortress Gold Group Review Summary
- 3 Location:
- 4 Address:
- 5 Year Founded:
- 6 Management:
- 7 Website:
- 8 Rating:
- 9 Fortress Gold Group Products
- 10 Gold Products
- 11 Silver Products
- 12 Platinum Products
- 13 How Does It Work?
- 14 Fortress Gold Group IRA Account Set Up
- 15 Fortress Gold Group Custodian & Storage
- 16 Pros of Fortress Gold Group
- 17 Cons of Fortress Gold Group
- 18 Fortress Gold Group Complaints
- 19 Is Fortress Gold Group a Scam?
- 20 Fortress Gold Group Alternatives
- 21 Conclusion
What Is Fortress Gold Group?
Fortress Gold Group is a precious metals company based in Sherman Oaks California. They have been in business since 1995 and are renowned for their extensive selection of gold, silver, and platinum coinage. In addition, the company offers gold and silver IRAs because they are “tired” of seeing their clients’ hard-earned savings vanish during stock market collapses.
Fortress Gold Group Review Summary
Sherman Oaks, California
15303 Ventura Blvd #1060
Sherman Oaks, CA 91403-6630
Johannes Haze (Managing Director)
Fortress Gold Group Products
Fortress Gold Group provides an extensive selection of gold, silver, and platinum bullion as well as collectibles. In addition, the company offers precious metals IRAs to clients who desire to protect their retirement savings with gold or silver. Here are some examples of products featured in the Fortress Gold Group catalog.
- Gold American Eagles
- Gold Canadian Maple Leafs
- Swiss 20 Franc
- Netherlands 10 Guilder
- French 20 Franc Napoleon
- British Sovereign
- Liberty Eagle
- $1 Indian Dollar
- $20 Saint Gaudens
- Silver Canadian Maple Leafs
- Morgan Silver Dollar
- Peace Silver Dollar
- Walking Liberty Half-Dollar
- Franklin Half-Dollar
- Kennedy Half-Dollar
- Australian Platinum Koalas
- Chinese Platinum Pandas
- Canadian Platinum Maple Leafs
- American Proof Platinum Eagles
How Does It Work?
Fortress Gold Group has a rudimentary online catalog where products are displayed, but no online checkout system. Therefore, you must contact their precious metals specialists to inquire about or place an order for their products.
Fortress Gold Group IRA Account Set Up
Establishing your gold or silver IRA with Fortress Gold Group involves 3 simple steps listed below.
- Fill out the online IRA form
- Transfer/rollover funds
- Purchase and store metals
For more on how to set up a gold IRA, click here.
Fortress Gold Group Custodian & Storage
Unfortunately, Fortress Gold Group does not disclose the IRA custodians with whom they operate. Brink’s Global, which owns IRS-approved depositories in New York, Los Angeles, and Salt Lake City, provides storage services.
Pros of Fortress Gold Group
- Wide selection of gold, silver, and platinum products
- Provides client education through blog posts, Gold IRA Investment Guide, FAQs, and more.
- They’ve been in business for nearly 3 decades
- Precious metals IRAS are offered
Cons of Fortress Gold Group
- Not BBB accredited
- Numerous customer complaints online
- Poor ratings online
- Not transparent on pricing, fees, and custodians they partner with
- The fact that they are no longer accepting new consumers and their website has been offline for more than three years confirms our concerns that they may have gone out of business.
Fortress Gold Group Complaints
Fortress Gold Group lacks BBB accreditation. In addition, the BBB gives them a rating of 1 out of 5 stars based on 1 consumer review and 1 complaint. Despite having no reviews, complaints, or ratings on the platform, the BCA has awarded them an outstanding “AAA” rating.
Trustpilot gives Fortress Gold Group a rating of 1.4 out of 5 stars based on 39 reviews and complaints, while Trustlink gives them a rating of 4.9 out of 5 stars based on 23 reviews and complaints. Fortress Gold Group lacks reviews, complaints, and evaluations on Yelp.
- BBB: [1/5] (view details)
- BCA: AAA rating, 0 reviews (view details)
- Trustlink: [4.9/5] (view details)
- Trustpilot: [1.4/5] (view details)
- Yelp: No reviews
Is Fortress Gold Group a Scam?
No, Fortress Gold Group is not a scam; the company’s products and services are highly regarded. However, it is important to note that the company has ceased operations and is no longer accepting new consumers. This page contains information about our top-rated alternative.
Fortress Gold Group Alternatives
Fortress Gold Group is a gold, silver, and platinum dealer based in Sherman Oaks, California.They have been in business since 1995 and provide a vast selection of products and precious metals IRA services. Despite providing excellent services, Fortress Gold Group is not BBB-accredited and has received numerous online consumer complaints. In addition, they lack transparency regarding product pricing and IRA fees.