Are you contemplating buying coins and other precious metals from Sam Sloat Coins? Before you proceed, read this review to find out whether you are dealing with the right company.
Is Sam Sloat Coins legit or scam? Let’s find out now.
Table of Contents
- 1 What is Sam Sloat Coins?
- 2 Does Sam Sloat Coins Offer Precious Metals IRAs?
- 3 Sam Sloat Coins Review Summary
- 4 Location:
- 5 Address:
- 6 Year Founded:
- 7 Management:
- 8 Website:
- 9 Rating:
- 10 Sam Sloat Coins Products & Services
- 11 How to Buy from Sam Sloat Coins
- 12 How to Sell to Sam Sloat Coins
- 13 Visit their Storefront
- 14 Email them
- 15 Shipping Options
- 16 Pros of Sam Sloat Coins
- 17 Cons of Sam Sloat Coins
- 18 Sam Sloat Coins Reviews & Complaints
- 19 Is Sam Sloat Coins Legit?
- 20 What Are the Sam Sloat Coins Alternatives?
- 21 Sam Sloat Coins Reviews- Summary
What is Sam Sloat Coins?
Founded in 1961, Sam Sloat Coins is one of the oldest coin dealers in the United States. They are located in Westport, Connecticut, and boast an extensive inventory of US coins, World coins, Ancient coins, paper money, gold bullion, silver bullion, medals and tokens. The company offers its products online on their official website and EBay, as well as offline through their well-stocked showroom.
Currently, Sam Sloat Coins is a member of numismatic associations including American Numismatic Association, American Numismatic Society, Appraiser’s Association of America and Bermanian Guild of Numismatists.
Does Sam Sloat Coins Offer Precious Metals IRAs?
No, Sam Sloat Coins does not offer precious metals IRAs. If you are ready to open a gold or silver IRA, check out our top recommended precious metals IRA Company here.
Sam Sloat Coins Review Summary
1767 Post Rd E
Westport, CT 06880-5606
Bob Walter (President)
Here’s Our #1 Rated Precious Metals Company
Sam Sloat Coins Products & Services
Sam Sloat Coins avails their products both on their website and on EBay. If your preference is a one-on-one deal, you can visit their well-stocked storefront located at 1767 Post Road East, Westport, Connecticut. Their vast catalog comprise US coins, World Coins, Ancient Coins, Paper Money and Sports Collectibles.
Other than selling products, the company also buys coins from around the world, and offers free appraisals. Below is a statement from their “Sell To Us” page.
“Whether you are located half way around town or half way around the globe, we make it easy to sell your US and World coins and currency.”
You can learn more about Sam Sloat Coins’s products and services here.
How to Buy from Sam Sloat Coins
Products can be purchased through Sam Sloat Coins‘s website, storefront or EBay. If purchasing from their website, click “Register” link on the menu to create your online account and log in. Once logged in, select your preferred products, add them to the cart and proceed to checkout to place your order. Accepted payment options include check, credit card and PayPal.
How to Sell to Sam Sloat Coins
You can sell to Sam Sloat Coins in two ways as outline below.
Visit their Storefront
If you prefer a one-on-one deal, you can carry whatever you’re selling to their premises. But since they are open by appointment only, you must give them a call first to schedule your appointment. The company will sort through your collection to determine their value and if you are satisfied with their evaluation and offer, you’ll be issued with a check immediately.
If you don’t have time to visit their store, you can simply email them with a list of the products you are intending to sell. If they indicate their interest, ship your assets to their premises for actual evaluation. Recommended shipping options include Registered Mail and Priority Mail.
Upon evaluation of your assets, an offer will be made and if you accept, a check will be mailed to you on that same day.
Sam Sloat Coins ships all orders within 48 hours of receiving payment. However, the company has indicated they currently ship to US addresses only.
Pros of Sam Sloat Coins
- Extensive selection of products
- They are a reliable precious metals firm since they’ve been in business for over 50 years
- Flexible buying options which can be done through their official website, Ebay or their physical store.
- Their website has detailed product pricing as well as other important product information
- They are accredited with the BBB since 2012
- Great customer ratings on Yelp.
Cons of Sam Sloat Coins
- Ships within the United States only
- Lacks reviews on the BBB and other major consumer protection platforms
- Precious metals IRA services are not offered
- Live chat support feature is not available on their website
Sam Sloat Coins Reviews & Complaints
The Better Business Bureau (BBB) gives Sam Sloat Coins an A+ rating despite having no customer reviews or complaints on the platform. Yelp rates Sam Sloat Coins 4 out of 5 stars based on 23 customer reviews and complaints. Sam Sloat Coins has no reviews, ratings or complaints on the Business Consumer Alliance (BCA), Trustlink and Trustpilot.
- BBB: A+ rating, 0 reviews (view details)
- Yelp: [usr 4] (view details)
- BCA: N/A
- Trustlink: N/A
- Trustpilot: N/A
Is Sam Sloat Coins Legit?
Sam Sloat Coins is a legit company as they’ve been in business for more than 50 years. Since its inception the company has never been accused or sued for any wrongdoing.
What Are the Sam Sloat Coins Alternatives?
- Augusta Precious Metals (Our #1 Rated Gold IRA Provider)
- GoldSeek Mint
- Alhambra Coin Center
- Nationwide Coin and Bullion Reserve
- Missouri Coin Company
Sam Sloat Coins Reviews- Summary
Sam Sloat Coins is one of the oldest coin dealers and is based in Westport, Connecticut. The company was founded in 1961, and offers a wide range of products including world coins, US coins, paper currency and more. Sam Sloat Coins is accredited with the BBB since 2012. They also boast excellent customer ratings on Yelp.
However, Sam Sloat Coins does not offer precious metals IRAs and only ships within the USA. Additionally, they lack reviews on the BBB and other consumer protection websites.