What is A-Mark Precious Metals? A legit company or scam?
Before you do business with A-Mark Precious Metals, we advise you to read this review to learn about their products, services, ratings and more. Without further ado, let’s get started.
Table of Contents
- 1 What Is A-Mark Precious Metals?
- 2 Does It Offer Precious Metal IRAs?
- 3 A-Mark Precious Metals Review Summary
- 4 Location:
- 5 Address:
- 6 Year Founded:
- 7 Management:
- 8 Website:
- 9 Rating:
- 10 A-Mark Precious Metals Products
- 11 How it Works
- 12 Pros of A-Mark Precious Metals
- 13 Cons of A-Mark Precious Metals
- 14 A-Mark Precious Metals Reviews & Ratings
- 15 A-Mark Precious Metals Management & Contact Details
- 16 Is A-Mark Precious Metals Legit?
- 17 A-Mark Precious Metals Alternatives
- 18 A-Mark Precious Metals reviews Summary
What Is A-Mark Precious Metals?
Established in 1965, A-Mark Precious Metals is a precious metals dealer that serves both wholesale and retail customers. They offer a wide range of gold, silver, palladium, platinum, copper and numismatic products. A-Mark Precious Metals is located in El Segundo, California, and has offices in Dallas, TX, Los Angeles, CA, Winchester, IN, Las Vegas, NV and Vienna, Austria.
Does It Offer Precious Metal IRAs?
Oddly, A-Mark Precious Metals does not offer precious metals IRA. This is despite the fact that they have an extensive selection of IRA-eligible bullion coins and bars in stock. If you are looking to open a gold or silver IRA, you can check out our top recommended firm here.
A-Mark Precious Metals Review Summary
El Segundo, California
2121 Rosecrans Ave STE 6300
El Segundo, CA 90245-7528
Gregory Roberts (CEO)
(3 / 5) Not Recommended
A-Mark Precious Metals Products
A-Mark Precious Metals offers a large selection of bullion in the form of gold silver, platinum, palladium and copper. Additionally, they offer collectible coins/numismatics.
The company sources its products from sovereign and private mints, and their customer base includes manufacturers, fabricators, private mints, financial institutions, dealers, refiners, investors, collectors, e-commerce retailers etc.
Besides getting its products from global and local mints, A-Mark Precious Metals also runs own mint operations through their wholly owned subsidiary, SilverTowne Mint. Services offered by A-Mark Precious Metals include the following:
- Storage services
- Secured Lending services
How it Works
Although A-Mark Precious Metals does not have an online shop, they require you open an online account before purchasing products. Their claim is that an online account allows you to receive “special product offerings” from them. Upon creating your online account, you must contact them through phone or email to place an order.
Pros of A-Mark Precious Metals
- They are a U.S. Mint authorized seller of gold, silver and platinum coins
- Offers a wide range of products and services
- Operates its own mint to ensure continuous supply of products during periods of market volatility
- Has been in business for nearly 60 years
- Informative website containing FAQs, charts and other important information
Cons of A-Mark Precious Metals
- Poor customer service– no live chat feature on their website
- Limited reviews and ratings
- Not BBB accredited
- Limited information about the firm’s management team/owners
- Does not offer IRAs
- Lacks ecommerce site
- Negative reviews on Yelp
A-Mark Precious Metals Reviews & Ratings
A-Mark Precious Metals is not BBB accredited and has 0 customer reviews and 0 customer complaints on the platform. Yelp gives the company 3.5 out of 5 stars based on 6 reviews and complaints, while BCA awards them an “AAA” rating despite registering 0 reviews and 0 ratings on the platform. A-Mark Precious Metals lacks ratings or reviews on Trustlink and Trustpilot.
- BBB: (0 / 5) (view details)
- Yelp: (3.5 / 5) (view details)
- BCA: AAA rating (view details)
- Trustlink: (0 / 5) (view details)
- Trustpilot: Not listed
A-Mark Precious Metals Management & Contact Details
Unfortunately, A-Mark Precious Metals’ website does not provide any information regarding their management team. However, the Better Business Bureau (BBB) lists Gregory Roberts as the company’s current Chief Executive Officer. And below are the firm’s up to date contact details.
- Telephone: (310) 343-4339
- Mailing Address: 2121 Rosecrans Ave STE 6300 El Segundo, CA 90245-7528
- Contact form: amark.com/
Is A-Mark Precious Metals Legit?
Despite lacking company history and ratings, A-Mark Precious Metals is definitely a legit firm since they have been around for nearly 60 years.
A-Mark Precious Metals Alternatives
- Augusta Precious Metals (#1 Rated Gold/Silver IRA Provider)
- Goldco Direct
- Dallas Gold & Silver Exchange
- Provident Metals
- JM Bullion
A-Mark Precious Metals reviews Summary
A-Mark Precious Metals is precious metals dealer serving both wholesale and retail clients. The company has been in business since 1965 and is based in El Segundo, California. Their products include gold, silver, platinum, palladium and copper bullion, as well as rare coins. In addition to their extensive selection of products, A-Mark Precious Metals also offers storage and lending services.
In spite of their great services and products, A-Mark Precious Metals has limited reviews and ratings online. Moreover, they lack an ecommerce site, which makes ordering a bit tedious.