Is Orion Metal Exchange a company you can trust? Is it legit or scam? What are their products? Read this comprehensive review of Orion Metal Exchange to find out all you need to know about them.
Would you like to read about our #1 rated Gold IRA Company instead? Click here.
Table of Contents
- 1 What Is Orion Metal Exchange?
- 2 Orion Metal Exchange Review Summary
- 3 Location:
- 4 Address:
- 5 Year Founded:
- 6 Management:
- 7 Website:
- 8 Rating:
- 9 Orion Metal Exchange Products & Services
- 10 Orion Metal Exchange Gold IRA
- 11 Orion Metal Exchange Custodian & Storage
- 12 Orion Metal Exchange Pricing & Fees
- 13 Orion Metal Exchange Management Team
- 14 Pros of Orion Metal Exchange
- 15 Cons of Orion Metal Exchange
- 16 Orion Metal Exchange Reviews, Complaints & Ratings
- 17 Is Orion Metal Exchange Legit or Scam?
- 18 Orion Metal Exchange FAQ
- 19 Can I store my IRA metals at home?
- 20 What purity standard does IRS require for IRA precious metals?
- 21 What is the difference between a Precious Metals IRA and a traditional IRA?
- 22 Orion Metal Exchange Alternatives
- 23 Orion Metal Exchange Reviews- summary
What Is Orion Metal Exchange?
Based in Los Angeles, California, Orion Metal Exchange is a precious metals dealer whose aim is to assist clients with gold and silver investment. They will help you acquire and liquidate your assets, as well as provide you with market updates via price charts, precious metals news and other economic events that could impact you investments. Through their internal IRA department, Orion Metal Exchange helps clients to easily and quickly open precious metals IRAs.
Orion Metal Exchange Review Summary
Los Angeles, California
Los Angeles, CA 90025-1000
Jacob Blalock (CEO)
Looking for a reliable Gold IRA Company? Check out this page now.
Orion Metal Exchange Products & Services
Orion Metal Exchange specializes in gold, silver, platinum and palladium bullion coins and bars, as well as collectible coins. Below, we’ve listed a few examples of products available on their catalog. For more information about Orion Metal Exchange products, click here.
- Gold American Eagle
- Gold Canadian Maple Leaf
- Gold Great Britain Queens Beast
- Gold Rose Crown Guinea
- IRA –approved gold bars from various mints
- Silver American Eagle
- Silver Canadian Eagle
- Silver bars
- Platinum American Eagle
- Platinum Canadian Maple Leaf
Orion Metal Exchange Gold IRA
Over the years, precious metals have been regarded as the ideal wealth protection assets since their prices tend to outmatch stocks, bonds and other traditional investments during economic upheaval. A precious metals IRA allows you to hold IRS-approved gold, silver, palladium or platinum bullion. In a nutshell, a precious metals IRA gives you investment flexibility so that you can diversify your investment portfolio and avert economic downturns. Orion Metal Exchange has an internal IRA department and highly experienced account representatives to help you through the process of setting up a gold or silver IRA.
Orion Metal Exchange Custodian & Storage
Based on information on Orion Metal Exchange’s website, it appears that the company acts as Precious Metals Company as well as an IRA account custodian. The company’s professional account executives will help you to open, set up and manage your IRA.
As for storage, Orion Metal Exchange doesn’t provide a storage facility. Instead, they recommend a variety of secure and reliable storage facilities within the United States and abroad.
Orion Metal Exchange Pricing & Fees
Orion Metal Exchange Management Team
Though Orion Metal Exchange is not open about its management team, we managed to dig around LinkedIn and found that their co-founder and current CEO is Jacob Blalock. Jacob is an experienced executive who has founded many other precious metals companies including Patriot Gold Group. He’s also a senior account representative at Lear Capital.
Pros of Orion Metal Exchange
- Fast and insured shipping
- No IRA setup or transfer fees
- Excellent reviews and ratings online
- Highly experienced account representatives to help you with IRA account setup
- A wide variety of tangible investment assets including gold, silver, platinum and palladium
- Offers highly competitive pricing
- Free client education offered through live pricing charts, precious metals news and a free Gold & Silver investment guide.
Cons of Orion Metal Exchange
- Does not have an ecommerce site, therefore you can’t order online
- Does not provide own storage
Orion Metal Exchange Reviews, Complaints & Ratings
Generally, Orion Metal Exchange boast excellent customer reviews and ratings on almost every online review platform. For instance, they are rated 5 out of 5 stars by the BBB based on 40 customer reviews and 0 complaints. Trustpilot gives Orion Metal Exchange 4.9 out of 5 stars rating based on 138 customer reviews and complaints, while Yelp awards the company 5 out of 5 stars based on a single review. Orion Metal Exchange has no reviews, ratings or complaints on the BCA and Trustlink.
- BBB: [usr 5] (view details)
- Trustpilot: [usr 4.9] (view details)
- Yelp: [usr 5] (view details]
- BCA: N/A
- Trustlink: 0 reviews (view details)
Is Orion Metal Exchange Legit or Scam?
Orion Metal Exchange is not a scam. It’s a legit company with highly experienced members of staff.
Orion Metal Exchange FAQ
Can I store my IRA metals at home?
No, IRS does not approve home storage of precious metals due to safety concerns. You should store your metals in an IRS-approved depository or bank.
What purity standard does IRS require for IRA precious metals?
The IRS requires a purity standard of .995 for IRA metals
What is the difference between a Precious Metals IRA and a traditional IRA?
A precious metals IRA allows you to invest in precious metals such as gold, silver, platinum and palladium. A traditional IRA only allows you to invest in stocks, bonds and other traditional investments.
Orion Metal Exchange Alternatives
- Augusta Precious Metals (#1 Recommended Gold IRA Provider)
- Goldco Direct
- AG Coin & Bullion
- Direct Bullion
- DBS Coins
Orion Metal Exchange Reviews- summary
Orion Metal Exchange is a gold, silver, palladium and platinum dealer based in Los Angeles. They’ve been in business since 2017 and have been offering a wide range of IRA-eligible coins and bars. Additionally, they offer fast shipping, competitive pricing, IRA setup and more. One major downside of this company is their lack of an ecommerce platform for online ordering. Also, they don’t provide a storage facility.